Registration and Reception
Thursday, September 30, 2021 at the Ocean Star Museum, Harborside Drive, Galveston.
Friday, October 1, 2021 - Pier 21 Galveston,
Mike Beattie - Navitas Petroleum -
Tel: 281-705-4844 Email: email@example.com
*Sponsorships are available
Every year, 259,554 students learn more about Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) through our educational programs.
39 different energy companies are members of the OEC, creating awareness and opportunity across the globe.
Over 40,000 visitors are immersed in our museum experience each year, learning about the vital role oil & gas plays in our daily lives.
Space is limited - get your tickets today!
Agenda and Fact Sheet
WHAT: Galveston Bay Amateur Fishing Tournament benefiting the Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig Museum & Education Center operated by the Oilfield Energy Center (OEC), a 501(c) (3) organization (Tax ID Number 76-0280571)
Thursday, September 30, 2021 Spouses are encouraged as a guest (complimentary)
• Registration: Ocean Star Museum, Pier 19 in Galveston, Texas – 5:30 until 7:30 p.m.
• Tour the Ocean Star Museum – 4:30 until 6:30 p.m.
• Pre-Tournament Festivities – AFTER your register at Ocean Star - 4:30 until 9:00 p.m. – Event Tent
• Refreshments – 4:30 until 8:00 p.m. – Ocean Star
Friday, October 1, 2021
• Breakfast served at 6:00 a.m.
• Tournament Fishing begins 30 minutesbefore sunrise.
• Weigh-in 12:00 Noon – 1:00 p.m. at Pier 21 Boat Basin – Event Tent • Lunch served from 12:30 p.m. until 1:30 p.m. at Pier 21 Boat Basin – Event Tent (Spouses are welcome to attend)
• Tournament Awards and Door Prizes begin at 2:00 p.m. at Pier 21 Boat Basin – Event Tent
• All team members must have a valid TX fishing license with a salt water stamp in their possession during the tournament
• Teams consist of 2 - 4 persons
• Team trophies given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams
• Fish eligible for weigh-in are: Slot Red Fish, Trout, and Flounder
• Individual prizes for largest single fish determined by weight for: Slot Red Fish, Trout and Flounder
Team Fees: $7,500 Platinum - $5,000 Gold - $2,000 Silver Event admission for non-fishermen: $400 (includes Guest admission)
• Drawings to be held on Friday during the awards ceremony.
• Must be present to win.
PARKING: Thursday/Friday: Harbor House guests will park in the Harbor House parking lot in front of the hotel. For those that are not Harbor House guests; be prepared to pay for parking. Multiple parking options are available in the immediate area and can be accessed from 21st or 20th Streets, just North of Harborside Drive.
FOR TOURNAMENT INFORMATION CONTACT:
• Mike Beatie, telephone: 281.705.4844 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR FISHING AND GUIDE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Rik Miller, telephone: 713.858.2422 or email: email@example.com
• THE HARBOR HOUSE IS RESERVED FOR PLATINUM SPONSOR HOSTS AND 10 CAPTAINS ONLY. (Note that captains may house in the Tremont House)
• Tremont House have provided discounted rates for Tournament guests. (See below) A link will be provided to make reservations independently with the Tremont after registration.
2021 Fishing Invitational Rules:
By entering this tournament and submission of the registration entry form, you agree to the following:
I have read and understand all the rules. I agree to abide by all the rules, and I understand that any infraction of these rules shall be deemed as cause for disqualification from this tournament.
1. Eligibility: Spouses or dependents of an eligible participant may fish if they are a registered team angler. Minimum age of anglers and event participants is 21 years old.
2. Sportsmanship: Competitors in the OEC Tournament are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. A team is not permitted to approach nearer than 50 yards to any other tournament boat, tied or anchored, with the trolling motor out of the water. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principals may be deemed cause for disqualification.
3. Federal, State, and Local Laws: All contestants are expected to obey all applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws. All contestants must have in their possession a current Texas fishing license and salt water stamp at the tournament event.
4. Safety: Safe boating will be observed at all times. We recommend that each contestant wear a fastened, U.S. Coast Guard approved, personal floatation device anytime the combustion engine is on. We also recommend that the operational kill switch be attached to the boat operator while the main engine is in operation. Consuming alcoholic beverages and drugs (other than prescription) during the tournament is discouraged. The tournament director has the right to delay or shorten the start of the tournament due to dangerous weather conditions. The tournament may be cancelled at any time due to bad weather or other factors that would endanger the lives and safety of the participants. OEC will not assume any responsibility nor shall it be liable for any loss, theft, delays, accidents, injury or damage to person, property or personal effects arising from or in connection with any of its services. Due to the contractual aspects of the event, no refunds for fees or costs associated with the tournament will be covered by the organizers. If weather conditions are questionable, please contact Mike Beatie on cell: 281.705.4844 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Fishing Guides: Anyone who is serving as a licensed guide or has guided without a license for pay within the past twelve (12) months will not be eligible to compete. All privately hired guides must register with Rik Miller on cell: 713.858.2422 or email: email@example.com prior to September 16, 2021.
6. Teams: Teams will consist of two-person, three-person, or four-person contestants.
7. Tackle: Only rod and reels will be permitted. Use of artificial, cut, or live bait will be allowed.
8. Scoring: Team prizes, 1st - 3rd places, will be the aggregate of 5 fish total weight for slot Redfish, Trout, and/ or Flounder, with a maximum of three per species (i.e. 3 Redfish and 2 Trout; 3 Redfish, 1 Trout and 1 Flounder; etc.) All fish must comply with the State of Texas legal limit, enforced at date of tournament. Ties shall be broken by the largest fish for the event, i.e., the team with the heaviest single fish shall receive precedence. Individual prizes will be for largest single fish (determined by weight) for slot Redfish, Trout, and Flounder.
9. Launch Site/Boundaries/Fishing Hours : You may launch and fish anywhere in the Galveston Bay complex and fish in the Texas State waters. Wade fishing will be permissible. Fishing will begin 30 minutes before sunrise Friday morning, October 1, 2021. You must be in the weigh-in line or checked in by 1 p.m. at the Boat Basin Tent at Pier 21. There will be a committee person checking in your team results in the weigh-in line. It is the responsibility of each Team to understand and abide by the prescribed fishing hours and weigh-in times, as they will be strictly enforced. Teams must use weigh-in bags provided by the tournament.
10. Complaints/Protests: All protests must be submitted in writing within thirty (30) minutes of the last contestant weigh-in to the tournament director or tournament official. All decisions rendered by the committee are final.
11. Registration: Each team MUST register with the tournament committee between 5:30pm and 7:30pm, Thursday, September 30, 2021, at the Ocean Star Museum, Pier 21, Galveston, Texas.
Edit this message to tell users that can't take action because comments are closed how to contribute. For example, consider adding a link to a petition or donation page that you have created, or add social sharing options so that these supporters can help get the word out on social media.
Thank you for supporting the Oilfield Energy Center. We look forward to seeing you at the Fishing Tournament!